To Breathe Another Day

Welcome to my blog. There are many reasons I am starting to blog : to connect with others, to , hopefully, help others who are struggling with health or life in general, and to get some help with accountability. I have to accept what I can't change and be held accountable for what I need to do to live. If I say I am going to do something, ask me if I am doing it. Really, ask me. I want your feedback. I want to live and be as healthy as I can be.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

I'm back home from OkCity where I saw my pulmonologist, Dr. Merza. It went well. I wasn't able to breathe very good that day, so they didn't have me do a six minute walk. They normally do the walk to keep record of how I do from visit to visit. They record my O2 sats and heart rate. They track how far I walk for the six minutes. I usually do pretty good. I keep it about the same every visit. This helps them determine if I need to increase my meds or, maybe, try something new. Anyhow, at my appointment we discussed getting a test done to check the tumor in my heart. They couldn't get it scheduled so we'll just have to see when we can make it happen. After that, the docs can determine if they will do a double lung transplant with open heart surgery or if I will have to go to a different hospital and get a double lung and heart transplant. We just have to see. There's nothing anyone can do right now except pray. My friend, Joan, says she's praying for a miracle.

I get tired of thinking about the medical stuff. I've dealt with my illness for 13 years, and sometimes I feel like I need a break from it! If only .... That is one reason for my arts and crafts. It's so nice to go in my craft room and busy myself with projects that use my creativity and that help my mind stay busy.

I told one of my aunts that I would put a few things I've made on here tonight so she can see them. She lives pretty far away, and we hardly ever get to see each other. I miss her a lot! I'll post pics at the end of this post.

Courage is my word for the year. I feel like I am handling "transplant talk" courageously. It's a scary thing to think about replacing my lungs with someone else's and open heart surgery at the same time. I'm turning it over to God. He can deal with it a lot better than I.

I was having trouble with my anxiety while I was in the City. I'm learning to talk myself through it. Usually, if something in my body doesn't feel right, especially, if its in my chest, I panic. I felt that way several times, so I would give myself permission to feel it and to be ok with it. It might sound strange, but it works for me.

I have lots more to write, but I'm very tired. I'll try to write again tomorrow.

1. Grateful for the safe trip
2. Thankful for Joan and Brenda visiting me and praying with and for me.
3. Thankful for the moisture.
4. My puppies
5. My home






1 comment:

Nani said...

I think you handled the appointment better than me. I'm ok when I'm not confronted with it in words! God has sustained you through so much and I know He will sustain through this. He has been so good to us both. I love your faith, your spirit, your witt & laughter, and your artistic abilities shining through!
1.safe traveling
2.my children
3.Mac
4. SNOW
5. Great job!