To Breathe Another Day

Welcome to my blog. There are many reasons I am starting to blog : to connect with others, to , hopefully, help others who are struggling with health or life in general, and to get some help with accountability. I have to accept what I can't change and be held accountable for what I need to do to live. If I say I am going to do something, ask me if I am doing it. Really, ask me. I want your feedback. I want to live and be as healthy as I can be.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

I'm getting there!

I just figured out how to blog from my phone. Yay! It seems so much less intimidating.

My word for the year is courage. I have a lot of fears in so many areas of my life so this word is perfect. I haven't shown people who are also crafters my art. I'm intimidated. I know I shouldn't be. Art should be the creation which makes me happy. I'll work on it. I need courage to fight my depression and health problems also. It's scary when I can't catch my breath or when it feels like my meds in my pump aren't working. I'm not ready to die. I have a lot to do first. I'm still figuring myself out.

I'm taking my first art class ever, and I'm so excited! It's called "Letter Love 201"by Joann Sharpe. It's great. We art making art using our own handwriting. I also signed up for another class by someone else but the name has slipped my mind temporarily I hope.

This is my first pic of a mixed media piece on canvas I did for a friend of mine inspired by Christy Tomlinson. She's an awesome artist. I watch her tutorials on YouTube all the time. I hope everyone likes it. My friend, Lindsey, loved it.

I almost forgot to say what I'm grateful for.
1. My church family- when they say they're going to pray for you, they mean it.
2. My nieces and nephews.
3. Courage
4. My Dad
5. Patience

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Niece, I am inspired by your courage, many would have given up long ago, but you dear Niece hung in there, determined to make it, and you are. Each day is a victory for you, like the song "Victory in JESUS"
Your art is beautiful, that took some doing to create that piece, would love to see the rest of your work. I love you so much.
The things I'm thankful for are so numerous, youi are one of them.

Linda said...

Ok Michelle time to get to writing on that book we talk about! You are so honest and straight forward, but kind too. :) I love that you are getting brave enough to share your art and your life with others. You never know who you will inspire or help. MMMMMwaa. That's me blowing you a kiss!