To Breathe Another Day

Welcome to my blog. There are many reasons I am starting to blog : to connect with others, to , hopefully, help others who are struggling with health or life in general, and to get some help with accountability. I have to accept what I can't change and be held accountable for what I need to do to live. If I say I am going to do something, ask me if I am doing it. Really, ask me. I want your feedback. I want to live and be as healthy as I can be.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Soul

Whenever I'm sick, I think about death even more than usual.  Am I going to be in a lot of pain?  Where will I be when it happens?  Will I be alone?  So many questions that I really don't want to know the answers too.  I suppose it's a fear of the unknown.

There is one thing I do know.  I am going to heaven.  Everything that I seem so concerned with sort of happens on my journey. So today I thought about my journey a little differently.

I am a soul.  My earthly body is just a personality (I heard it explained that way on Oprah.).  So, I am taking my body out of the picture.  What, how, where, etc. doesn't matter.  My soul is what is important, not my body.  If I'm going to think about dying, then I'm going to think of the good part of the journey.

I'm like a bubble that a child blows through one of those rings.  I'm on that last breath.  Floating.  Out the window, above the street.  I don't have to try to walk and run out of breath.  I just float on a breeze.  It's so warm.  I can feel God's love shining on me, thru me.  I'm drifting through a meadow of tall grass and wild flowers, bouncing from one blade of grass to the next.  Bouncing and bouncing, and floating so easily and carefree.  No worries, no struggling, no panic, and no stress.  Just flowing on my journey to God. 

I land on a wave and just ride it effortlessly.  The rocking of the water is so calming and peaceful.  Soon I lift off on the wind and it carries me up and up, but I never feel far away from my comfort zone because I'm right where God wants me, with him.

That was my meditation today.  I needed a break from my chaos. 

Gratitude List

1. Grateful God gave me an imagination.

2. So glad that God knows everything about me, why I do the things I do, how I really am feeling physically

3. Always thankful for my health

4. I'm very blessed to have Jon, my specialty pharmacist, in OKC.  He's been with me for 11 yrs. this month.

5. I'm so grateful for the strides that the medical field has made over the yrs trying to cure all these awful diseases.  These professionals come from God.  He is working through them.

I'm so glad I feel better.  When I started this blog, I had no idea I was going to get sick and miss days of writing this soon after starting it.  Everything happens for a reasons.

Thanks for reading and commenting,

Michelle

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Niece, that was so beautiful, your writings should be in a book and given to all who feel sorry for themselves for one reason or another, you are such an inspiration. I will never look at a bubble without thinking of you, my dear Niece. I love you and anxiously await the next chapter in your wonderful life, Uncle Eddie

Anonymous said...

That makes me want to go be with Jesus even more! Like I've been saying you need to write a book! You have an amazing gift with words. Makes me excited to read your next post! So glad you are feeling better. God is so good to answer our prayers for you! He is always faithful and loving. What a wonderfule life He has given us. Here's my list.
1. wonderful turnout for fall call
2. Michelle's continued improvement
3. Much needed moisture
4. Laughter
5. God's promises
I love you, Mom

Linda Stewart said...

This is a beautiful thing to read. You have such an ability and so much faith. I pray you continue to feel better and stronger. You are in my thoughts and prayers often. I'm sorry I don't let you know that.
I love you, Linda Stewart

Amber said...

Beautiful ..... just beautiful.

1. A stable home for me and my children.
2. Jordyn starting basketball.
3. Being able to hear
4. Being able to see
5. Being able to read your blogs that are so inspiring!