To Breathe Another Day

Welcome to my blog. There are many reasons I am starting to blog : to connect with others, to , hopefully, help others who are struggling with health or life in general, and to get some help with accountability. I have to accept what I can't change and be held accountable for what I need to do to live. If I say I am going to do something, ask me if I am doing it. Really, ask me. I want your feedback. I want to live and be as healthy as I can be.

Friday, November 25, 2011

HappyThanksgiving!

I can't believe it's already Thanksgiving! This year has gone by so fast.  Before we know it New Year's Day will be here, and then we start all over!  I love it! Every new year that I have is proof that God does miracles.

There is so many reasons for me to be thankful.  My health is good.  I may have physical limitations because of my illnes, but I can walk, talk, read, laugh, smile, and so on....  The positive is much higher than the negative.

I'm also grateful for our game reserve here in Guymon.  I love watching the buffalo and the elk.  It's so awesome how God created all the animals so perfectly.  Mom and I were out at the reserve a few months back, and it was rainin.  All of a sudden, a herd (8 or 9) of buffalo came running by us.  It looked like out of a movie.  It was so majestic!  God's handiwork is mind-blowing!!

Speaking of His handiwork, my nieces and nephews are here for the holiday, and they are all so smart and beautiful.  They are so fun to watch play.  Oh to be young and innocent!  Those were the days.  It seems like yesterday, me and my cousins were playing office and school together. 

I loved going to my Grandparent's house for the holidays.  It was so great seeing all my aunts and uncles and cousins.  Laughter always filled the house.  It's still that way when we get together.  We're always laughing at someone or something, usually at my Mom and her sisters.  They are so funny.

Thirdly, I'm thankful for my church family.  I don't get out to church as often as I would like.  It's hard getting ready, especially in the mornings.  I get headaches a lot from not having enough oxygen. And, still, they are always there for me, praying and encouraging me.  They are so friendly and loving.  I love everyone there.

Also, I so thankful for my Uncle Eddie.  He used to come over every week, and we would talk and read our  Bibles.  He helped me get through some difficult times.  He always has such loving and wise things to say when he comments on this blog.  I love you, Uncle Eddie!

I know I've written about my Mom beforeon here, but I can never thank God enough for her.  She's amazing and gorgeous and loving and kind.  She so smart, and takes such good care of me that I would never be able to repay her.  Thank you, Mom.  I love you!

I've saved the most important for last! Jesus.  I'm so thankful for him dying on the cross for my sins.  If he can do something so painful and horrible, then I should be able to take care of this body that God has blessed me with.  If I think of Jesus's sacrifice, I should be able to eat healthily, exercise, take my meds like the doctor tells me.  I need to remind myself of this more often! 

So Happy Thanksgiving to all!  This week I will start on the stages of grief.  I thought this was more appropriate for the holiday.

Thanks for reading,
 
Michelle 

3 comments:

* Carmen * said...

I just loved reading what you posted today, Friday, November 25th! What I read gave me the warm fuzzies in my heart and reminded me what a wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving day we had with our family here in Texas. This was the absolute very best Thanksgiving! We all enjoyed each others company immensely. The nieces and nephews are growing up and yet I can still see them in my mind's eye when they were just little kids. It doesn't seem to be all that many years ago, but how time does fly by. As we were driving home from my sister-in-law's house I felt such joy in my heart as I realized how very blessed I am to have these people in my life.

I love you Michelli and I love reading the words that come from your heart. You are such an inspiration to me!

1. My family
2. Thanksgiving
3. Leftovers
4. My husband
5. My Heavenly Father

((( HUGS, HUGS )))

Anonymous said...

Dear Michelle, memories of things past are so wonderful. My mind goes back, way back, to the wonderful times spent with family at Thanksgiving and Christmas, At Gramma & Grampas, at our house. Then, we had a family, we still spent many good times with family.
I'm thankful I am a part of your family, I feel so close to my family I inherited when I married your Aunt Nancy. We spent many holidays with her side of the family. I watched my nephews & nieces grow from babies, to being grandparents, I'm thankful for all these memories. In all of this, I look back and realize, GOD was & is in control, for this, I'm thankful.
Your Aunt Nancy & I spent Thanksgiving, just the two of us, but it was a good day, we had our meal delivered, it was good. It was good to spend this time together, that's the way we wanted it.
I've been reading in Job, he ahd so much, a very wealthy man, it was all taken away, with the permission of GOD, but then because he remained faithful, and did not curse or blame GOD, it was restored to him double. We go through this life, living through the good and bad times, but in the end, our faith will be rewarded by the wonderful grace of GOD, by which we are saved, thank GOD for HIS grace, thank GOD for the written word, breathed out by the Holy Ghost, who also dwells in us as HIS children. Well, sometimes when I get to writing, things keep coming into my head, I don't want to ramble, so I will close for now, I'm always thankful for you, dear Niece, I'm so thankful for my family.
I look forward to the next chapter from your wonderful inspiring life, love, Uncle Eddie

Anonymous said...

I love you so much too Michelle. God has given me a wonderful gift in you! I am so amazed at your strength and courage. People have no idea what you go through because you have such an awesome attitude. God is using you in ways you don't even know. You are definitely a blessing. Can't wait to read your next post!
Love you, Mom