To Breathe Another Day

Welcome to my blog. There are many reasons I am starting to blog : to connect with others, to , hopefully, help others who are struggling with health or life in general, and to get some help with accountability. I have to accept what I can't change and be held accountable for what I need to do to live. If I say I am going to do something, ask me if I am doing it. Really, ask me. I want your feedback. I want to live and be as healthy as I can be.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Today I am OK!

Thank you so much for all your comments and encouragment.  I'm having a very difficult time right now with my asthma still.  The steroid shot I get makes me feel panicky and depressed.  I keep thinking maybe I'm not doing as well physically as I thought I was.  Am I in denial?  Have I been lying to myself about my faith in God?  So much negativity! 

I have been praying a lot today.  I keep telling myself, "You're fine.  God's taking care of you."  I do have great faith in God that he is healing me.  I'm on less oxygen than I used to be.  I've lost almost 150lbs.  I no longer have to use a hospital bed at home.  My proof is right in front of me. 

Right now, right this minute I am OK.  I am OK. 

Here's my list!

1. My health.

2.  Michael and Rachelle for taking me in while our livingroom is being remodeled.

3. All of you who are reading and commenting on this blog.  I need you.

4. Dr. Kelly, He's an awesome doctor!

5. Miracles!

Thank you and I love you guys!

Michelle, Oshie or Mitchell
(whichever one is familiar to you!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know for sure you are feeling better! :) Just think we will be through with the living room soon and you will be back in your cozy room. God is answering our prayers, but sometimes life just gets in the way. I am so glad you can see the good & positive things in your life. God has great plans for you! Here's my list today.
1.Oshie getting better
2.I've been able to work out every day this week
3.I am strong enough to take care of my family
4. God's presence around me
5. Good friends
I love you and pray you have a restful night.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear Niece, I've written a comment before, but I don't think you got it, I just talked to Linda, she told me what I was doing wrong, so I'm hoping you get my comments from now on.
I'm so thankful for your letter yesterday, saying you are better, but still battleing Asthma.
I pray for you every day, and I ewxpress my love for you, long distance, but I know you get it. I hope you can get back home soon, I know it's always better to be in your own home and in your own bed.
I work the cryptaquote in the paper every day, I thought of you when I finished this one by Henry Ward Beecher, " Every tomorrow has two handles, we can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety, or the handle of faith". I know your faith is strong, and I believe it will always remain that way, growing each day " As a grain of mustard seed".
My list before I close,
1. God has to be the first.
2. Jesus.
3. The Holy Spirit, who dwells in GOD'S children, like you.
4. Nancy, my wife of 57 years, thankful she's put up with me this long.
5. My children, grandchildren, great grandchildren.
6. Last for today, but not the least, you my dear Niece, hang in there.
I'll save the thousands of things for later, can't possible list them all.
My love to you, Uncle Eddie

Amber Russell said...

Michelle, I didn't know you had blogged anymore or I would have been keeping up with them better. I am praying praying praying for God to heal you and take away your anxiety. Anxiety makes everything worse I know. I deal with it everyday and I always try and tell myself think about how strong Michelle is! She has anxiety and look at all shes going through and she's so strong. It almost made me cry to listen to everything you had to say about your Momma. I love you both so much! I also feel the same about my Momma. Hope you have a peaceful nights sleep and feel better in the morning. Love you so much~

Anonymous said...

just testing