To Breathe Another Day

Welcome to my blog. There are many reasons I am starting to blog : to connect with others, to , hopefully, help others who are struggling with health or life in general, and to get some help with accountability. I have to accept what I can't change and be held accountable for what I need to do to live. If I say I am going to do something, ask me if I am doing it. Really, ask me. I want your feedback. I want to live and be as healthy as I can be.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Gratitude List

I am a very happy person, but sometimes I get overwhelmed with my health issues. I will be lying in bed and I'll start having a pain in my chest. It's not a very strong pain, but it's there. I will start thinking,"What can this be? What if it's that tumor in my heart? What if this is it? What if this is when I'm going to die?"Sometimes I will call Mom to come down stairs, and she will sit on the side of the bed and ask me if I need her to get me anything like a heat pack or a glass of warm water. By then it usually starts to subside. So she just sits with me until I feel better, and then she goes back to bed.  I know that when I start thinking about the pain too much, I panic.  That's why I call Mom.  My panic attacks almost always happen at night. That's why I stay up late sometimes.  Like tonight.  I don't feel well because of my asthma.

I love to make lists.  Gocery lists, Gratitude list, character defect lists (mine not yours). Sometimes I'll even make a list of my good qualities to help self-esteem.  I really like making the gratitude list.  It helps me to stay positive and give God thanks.  I write 5 a day.  They have to be different every day for that week.  Except thanking God for my health.  That's an everyday one.

5 Gratitudes (in no particular order)
My health
Jesus
Mom
Trees
Grace

This is one place that writing this publicly will help me.  Last year I kept a journal, and it had my grat list for every day plus my journaling.  I only missed 4 days out of the whole year.  This year- not doing too good.  I need to be held accountable.  So I am going to write my list on here every day that it is physically possible to do so.  Now, I have to do it.  Cool!

There are many more things that I am supposed to be doing for my health and spirituality that I will get aound telling you. But, for now, I'm signing off.  Sorry for any mistakes.  I'm too tired to check.

Thanks for listening,

Michelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am finally hoping I can leave a comment now. I am so proud of you for starting this blog. I have had lots of comments from people that have read it. I know God is giving you courage to connect with others through your struggles so you can help them and they can encourage you. You have so much to share. You are so strong and full of faith. So glad we can laugh about anything!!! Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm here for you Miss Michelle! Are you listening to Revelation teachings? AMAZING!!! At work and don't have much time right now to "blog" (plus I'm techno uneducated) so I may be random for a bit - BUT know this - I LOVE YOU and that love is NOTHING compared to the LOVE THAT JESUS CHRIST HAS FOR YOU!!!!!!! Have an amazing day!