To Breathe Another Day

Welcome to my blog. There are many reasons I am starting to blog : to connect with others, to , hopefully, help others who are struggling with health or life in general, and to get some help with accountability. I have to accept what I can't change and be held accountable for what I need to do to live. If I say I am going to do something, ask me if I am doing it. Really, ask me. I want your feedback. I want to live and be as healthy as I can be.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Things are looking up!

I am feeling so much better since Thursday night at Lift. We played Bingo after we ate, and we laughed and laughed. It feels so good to have wonderful, God-loving girlfriends. After lift was over the girls prayed with me. I really needed that. Then, we talked. I'm so much happier. The prayers are working.

Friday, I had my weekly visit with Brenda and Joan. I met Joan's son Ben. We all visited for a while and laughed. Laughing is one of my favorite things to do. It was such an uplifting visit.

I think one thing that gets me down is not having contact with adults all day. Sometimes I don't talk to anyone except my mom or papa all day. I like them well enough, but I definitely need more adult interaction.

Last night I actually put on makeup and dressed nicely to go to NRA banquet. It's been a while since I've worn any makeup. There were 700 people at the banquet. I couldn't believe it. They fed us all. It was some good barbque from Kim's Ribs. I think that's the name.

I visited with one of my oldest and dearest friends, Jodi. We've been friends since 4th grade. We did everything together growing up. Yes, we even got in trouble together. So many good memories! I love her a lot. We may not see each other very often, but she's still one of my best friends, more like a sister, I think.

No matter how bad my depression sometimes gets, I still love my life. I like being me. Is that crazy? Of course I would rather be well, but I'm ok as I am. I can deal with the bad as long as I have God. Besides, it's more good than bad. He provides me what I need. Amen!

1. I'm grateful for Jodi
2. Grateful for Lift
3. Thankful for positive attitude
4. Thankful for knowing God
5. Thankful for waking up this morning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Niece, so glad things are looking up for you, so happy youi can laugh, we all need to laugh and have fun, I believe GOD wants us to be happy and laugh. I,m glad you have your frinnds, I miss the times we spent together, you are so much fun to be around, I love you, I pray for you, Uncle Eddie

Nani said...

Isn't it awesome how Angela knew you needed prayers desparately that night. God provides! So thankful God has placed us where we are. Our spiritual growth amazes me! I am soooo excited and full of joy to be getting to know God even more. We just need to keep following His plan and staying in His will. I am so thankful for all the laughter we share! Love you Oshie!