To Breathe Another Day

Welcome to my blog. There are many reasons I am starting to blog : to connect with others, to , hopefully, help others who are struggling with health or life in general, and to get some help with accountability. I have to accept what I can't change and be held accountable for what I need to do to live. If I say I am going to do something, ask me if I am doing it. Really, ask me. I want your feedback. I want to live and be as healthy as I can be.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Stop talking already!

I'm sitting on the couch all cuddled with my blanket and pillow. Very cozy! It's just me tonight. Mom is in Denver staying with my sister, Misty. She is also there to pick up our new car. I am sooooo excited! I've always wanted a Lincoln. Even before I was old enough to drive, I wanted one. I know a lot of people have heard me tell this before, but I'll tell it just one more time for those of you who haven't heard

When I was younger I wanted a Lincoln so bad and, of course, being young and dumb I didn't have any concept of money. I thought when I got old enough things would just fall into place. So I told my parents on more than one occasion that I was NOT going to get a car until I could get a Lincoln. Everybody laughed at me. I didn't know what their problem was. Lol

Oh to be younger again. I want to write about my memories so my family and friends will have them when I'm gone. I thought I would start tonight with one or two. I guess I've already started with the story I just told.

One thing I wanted to say tonight before I forget. I love to talk. In person or on the phone, it doesn't matter. I've always been a talker. Whenever I would get in trouble at school, it was because I was talking when I shouldn't. Sometimes I would talk so much I would get on my own nerves!

But now, I don't talk near as much. I noticed it about 6 months ago. I was avoiding calling my family and friends, and I didn't understand why at first. I know that sounds weird. I do a lot of odd things because of my lung disease. Anyway, I started paying more attention to my body and finally figured out that talking makes me so tired. It's so irritating. I have a lot to say. I feel so bad for not staying in touch with people better, but that is why. It wears me out. But, luckily, I can txt and type.

Ok. I thought of a memory to share. One of my favorite things to do when I was growing up is dancing on Saturday mornings to the tv show American Bandstand. It was so fun. Mom, Misty, and I would dance around the living room. We even got a picture of us in action. Michael was there too. He was only about 2 or 3 at the time that pic was taken.

That was such a carefree time in my life, before boobs and boys. Lol. Yep! I said it. It's the truth. Once those two things come into your life, your childhood is over. Hello puberty!

1. Thankful I have good memories
2. Grateful for my stepmom, Connie.
3. Thankful for my friend, Summer
4. Grateful it's the weekend
5. Thankful that I am able to take naps on the couch. 4years ago I layed down on the couch and took a nap for the first time since 1999. It was wonderful! That's a whole other story.

Sweet dreams!

No comments: